Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Everyone's a Comedian

Another blustery day yesterday at the Saltair Station, but sooner or later you have to go out for supplies. This time they came with laughter.

Braving the weather, I pulled up at the store and opened the car door. It caught a gust of wind and quickly blew back on its hinges. Hopping out into the downpour, I wrestled the car door shut. Running the 20 feet into the store caused me to get completely drenched and wind whipped. The store's door opened with the same velocity as the car door just had and closed with a similar amount of effort on my part.

Once the door was secured, dripping wet and disheveled, I turned around to face the shopkeeper who had been watching my struggle. Without batting an eye, in a completely monotone voice, he said, "They say it's supposed to rain today."

Coastal humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment