Friday, May 20, 2011

Is This Goodbye or Just See Ya Later?

photo of the crescent moon over Rockaway Beach Oregon
There is a belief by some that The Rapture is planned for tomorrow at 6:00pm. I have also heard tell that only about 3% of the population qualifies according to those who do. So for the rest of us not making the cut, there have been a variety of reactions. For instance, "Rapture Parties" are springing up everywhere and are especially popular with college age citizens.

The most enterprising idea is the entrepreneur who is charging $135/pet to go over to your house after you have been raptured (not sure of the correct terminology here) and pick up your pet. They will keep your pet healthy and happy for the rest of its natural life. They advertise the rescuers are certified atheists and don't plan on leaving the planet themselves. Wish I had thought of that!

My plan? Well, I am at Saltair Station because if it is the end of the world, I would like to spend my last minutes next to the sea with my honey. I haven't ruled out the possibility of wandering down to the local watering hole and hoisting a cold one with town characters. If I hoist enough cold ones, I may just see the face of Jesus appear in a Pronto Pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment