Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hey Sailor!



Ten years ago if you would have told me I would be engaged to a wonderful man who shares my dream of spending ridiculous amounts of time at the beach, I would have laughed in your face. But the dream has come true for both of us.

Our beach house is a place to relax, rejuvenate, play, spend time with friends and family and build something together. When you meet later in life there aren't many "firsts" to be shared as a couple. We both had houses and children and marriages and all of the memories that come with those things.

The beach house has given us the opportunity for our own firsts. Bob picked it out, I did a little decorating and he patiently hauled all the IKEA furniture we bought and put it together. Sweat equity makes it possible and he never complains about doing more than his fair share. I putter and he builds.

Valentine's Day was unseasonably warm and we celebrated with another first--a moonlight dance on the deck to the sound of the ocean waves. Talk about the local wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment