Monday, January 19, 2015

Tales of a Sea Dragon


Of all the things the sea has shared with me this winter, 
the Sea Dragon is my very favorite.

Coming ashore on a full moon, the fog parted long enough to light his way.  The serpent had traveled a great distance the past fortnight and needed to rest on the soft sand.  The next morning, the winter sun rose and warmed his smooth skin as he languished on the beach.

He quietly watched my approach.  With a wink and a sly smile, he welcomed me to sit by his side.  He talked of pirates and mermaids, of storms and wild seas and of far off places I can only imagine.  I told him of deserts, canyons and cities where you never even see the horizon.

The conversation eventually drifted away and we silently watched the waves together as the sun crossed the sky overhead.  We were kindred spirits.

I could have stayed there forever, but after a while, he turned his head longingly towards the sea.  The high tide playfully lapped against his side, beckoning him back to the water.  I knew our time had come to an end.

As we said our farewells it was clear, our friendship would last an eternity. Until we meet again, safe journey!









No comments:

Post a Comment