Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Change of Seasons

The ocean is constantly changing, yet not changing at all as it comes ashore without fail, kissing the sand.

Each time I watch the waves they are different, colored by the wind, the weather, the sun...the seasons.  I now recognize the color and texture of the winter sea and how wildly beautiful it is perfectly offset by the color of the sky as a storm blows ashore.

photo of winter waves at Rockaway Beach Oregon by Nancy Zavada

The summer sea with it's jewel toned water of turquoises, emeralds, and blues is reminiscent of tropical waters far to the south.

photo of summer waves at Rockaway Beach Oregon by Nancy Zavada


As I learn to tell the seasons by the color of the sea,
I find myself in the rhythm of this most delightful planet.

Note: Taken from the exact same spot six months apart, these photos are perfect examples of Mother Nature's ever changing wardrobe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment