Monday, December 12, 2011

O' Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree In Rockaway Beach Oregon

"What the heck am I doing here?  When I was "harvested" from my roots, thrown on a truck and driven away from the forest I was understandably upset.  Then, with sugar plum fairies dancing in my head, I remembered it is Christmas.  I began thinking about being inside looking out at the snow.  I imagined festively wrapped presents under my branches as I smelled the cookies baking in the next room.  Everyone entering the house would proclaim my magnificence.

Instead, I stand here trying to look as majestic as possible between an empty park bench and a trash can. Undaunted by the 90-100mph wind storm,  I have also endured the 28 degree F cold snap.  I am well anchored though and most likely won't blow over and roll around the parking lot in an undignified manner.

I shouldn't complain.  Local families have decorated my limbs with ornaments built to withstand the wind and the rain and many folks turned out for my ceremonial lighting.  I even have a view of the Pacific Ocean from sunrise to sundown, not many trees can boast about that.

I have just one wish.  All I ask  for Christmas is for PEACE in this quaint town.  For small minds to be replaced with open hearts who really care about their neighbors.  

Join me as we all celebrate this place we call home!"



No comments:

Post a Comment