Thursday, August 15, 2013

Apologies to the Spider

It is about this time of year, when watering the garden turns into a daily occurrence.  The heat and lack of rain make for very thirsty plants.  It is also about this time of year, when spiders begin to take over the yard spinning their webs every evening for the catch of the day.

My highly-advanced remedy to avoid walking through spider webs is waving one arm in front of me in a move resembling a baby elephant's trunk.  Around the garden I go, waving one arm while watering with the other.  The children always found this hilarious while I found it very effective.

This morning I was hurried and began darting about with the hose (forgetting the elephant walk).  At one point I took a sharp turn and came face to face with...


this unhappy spider whose web I had apparently disturbed during my watering activities.  Too close for comfort, I apologized both quickly and profusely while retreating to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment